domingo, 8 de marzo de 2009

slumdog millionaire

This film weaves together nightmare and impossible dream. What do you take away as the most important message or impression from the film?

This was the story of the live of a common guy in India. We had the opportunity to see how other people in the world struggle for sustain, literally living in trash, seeing prostitutes, having no place and no parents, this at least in my case let me think about the great chance that I have of education, wealth, health and freedom.  Something that stayed with me is the sense of humanity, because these children though they were used to have a bad life they still had dreams to go for. This should make us value what we have and keep doing the best we can because there's people far away  with situations worst than us that just keep going!

In the final scene, we see Salim and the choice he makes- filling the bathtub with money, etc. Why does he make this choice?

I think he perfectly knew he was not going to be able to skip this one , so he preferred to die around a lot of money.  The one he was unable to have during his life.  I think he also wanted to show the guy that was going to enter that he had stole his money and he was going to keep it with him. It was pretty impacting this one, really tough for me. 

-anne

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario